Porting panel plugins for 4.4

Nicolas Masse masse_nicolas at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 29 00:40:00 CEST 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:24:11 +0200
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The new panel framework for 4.4 is now in SVN trunk. All plugins will
> have to be ported, but this should not be too difficult.

I've ported the xfce4-quicklauncher-plugin. The code is in the experimental branch of the svn server on berlios
(I need to learn a little about svn to move this to the trunk). I hope it works (would do some more tests tomorow).

I think that something interesting would be to have a complete list of the status of the port of each plugin. For now, here is what we have:

    Plugin                                                status
1  xfce4-battery-plugin                        done (by Jasper)
2  xfce4-clipman-plugin                       done (Nick Schermer)
3  xfce4-cpugraph-plugin
4  xfce4-datetime-plugin                     is this the clock?
5  xfce4-diskperf-plugin
6  xfce4-fsguard-plugin
7  xfce4-genmon-plugin
8  xfce4-i8k-plugin
9  xfce4-megahertz-plugin
10 xfce4-minicmd-plugin
11 xfce4-mixer
12 xfce4-modemlights-plugin           will be done in some weeks (Andreas J. Guelzow)
13 xfce4-netload-plugin
14 xfce4-notes-plugin
15 xfce4-quicklauncher-plugin          done by me (experimental branche)
16 xfce4-screenshooter-plugin
17 xfce4-sensors-plugin                    will be done in some weeks (Fabian Nowak)
18 xfce4-showdesktop-plugin
19 xfce4-systemload-plugin
20 xfce4-taskbar-plugin                    done
21 xfce4-trigger-launcher
22 xfce4-wavelan-plugin
23 xfce4-weather-plugin
24 xfce4-websearch-plugin
25 xfce4-windowlist-plugin
26 xfce4-xkb-plugin
27 xfce4-xmms-plugin
28 xfce4-mount-plugin                       will be done in some weeks (Fabian Nowak)
29 xfce4-mailwatch-plugin                 done (in the experimental branche)

I suggest everybody to complete this, so we can see in one or to weeks wich ones seems to be unmaintened and do the port
by ourself.

> cheers,
> 	Jasper

bountykiller.