Undefined symbol errors on loading new panel

Jeff Franks jcfranks at tpg.com.au
Wed Sep 28 15:28:21 CEST 2005

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

>I'm glad it works ;-)
>
> > One question though. Does the highlighting of
> > selected panel items still have to be buttons. Buttons have been .
> > around for so long and look so dull no days.
>
>I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Highlighting of selected panels?
>
>And any suggestions? ;-)

Hmmm... I meant a panel launcher item highlights the fact that the user
selected it by drawing a button around the item, which then changes
color when you clicks to launch the item's application. I guess I don't
really have a suggestion. KDE and GNOME just offset the clicked icon by
1 or 2 pixels in the x and y direction to give the appearence that the
item has been depressed. I'm not suggesting this though. It would be
great if xfce4-panel was different... somehow. Maybe if the cursor
changed to something unique over the selected item.

Jeff