New panel: settings in separate dialogs

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Sat Sep 24 17:11:52 CEST 2005

Jasper Huijsmans schrieb:
> Jannis Pohlmann schreef:
>
>>Jannis Pohlmann schrieb:

>>>No, not really. Still the same problem. I'm going to create a new
>>>launcher and try again.
>>

>>No, doesn't work, too. As soon as you have more than one item in a
>>launcher you can't remove them permanently (temporarily yes, but as soon
>>as you restart the panel you get the removed items back).
>

> Hmm, something else must be wrong then. It works fine for me.
>
> I added some code to save plugin configuration after the preferences
> dialog closes. This should solve this particular issue, but I expect
> that item additions and removals will still not be saved for you.

True, it still doesn't work. Doesn't even work when I call xfce4-panel
-s manually. No idea. As soon as I create a launcher and add at least
one additional item to it, I can never remove it again.

Another bug I noticed is that only only one of my two panels is
displayed when starting xfce4-panel. If I call any preference dialog of
this panel, the other is also shown finally.

- Jannis