Notes on the new panel

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Thu Sep 22 15:59:34 CEST 2005

Jasper Huijsmans schreef:
> Jannis Pohlmann schreef:
>
>>Hi Jasper,
>>
>>clock plugin is attached. I didn't work on the orage popup because of
>>problems I had with the atom and exec_cmd_silent (). I also left out the
>>orientation adjustment because the current clock hasn't any
>>rotation/orientation capabilities (AFAIK).
>>

> Thanks. It works fine. I'll have a look at the orage stuff. I don't
> think we want to handle orientation for the clock.

Ok, I have added it to SVN. I removed the orage stuff; people can use
the systray icon for that. I added an optionally visible frame, like
with the systray and I changed the configuration dialog accordingly. I
also got rid of some redundant checks.

I think all the basic functionality of the panel is now there, so we can
start thinking about moving it to trunk.

At the same time it would be nice to update the goodies project and move
it to espresso, but that is a separate discussion, I guess. We also need
to wait for Auke to get settled in his new home.

	Jasper