Updated Xfce4-clipman-plugin

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 19:50:46 CEST 2005

Xfce4-clipman-plugin-0.5<http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/nickschermer/files/xfce4-clipman-plugin-0.5.tar.gz>

I've added/delete the following futures:

* Save clipboard content on exit (option)
* Prevent empty clipboard (copy latest item when system clipboard is empty)
* Option to disable selection
* Slider for history size
* When resizing the history no content is lost
* Characters in menu items (option)
* New loop for creating menu items
* Copy icon for the menu item currently in the clipboard (is not always the
latest)
* Icon for Clipboard History and clear clipboard
* Removed the drag/drop signal (couldn't figure out how to use it, so
removed it)
* New option dialog
* Cleared some code, added more comments, use tabs
* Remove item numbers, it will be back later as an option (I hope :P)

TODO:

* it depends on the iter place if new or old items are
lost when resizing history size (new size is smaller)
* Items number (option)
* If string it to long for the menu: show begin...end (option)
* Sometimes the clipboard crashes with lots of text after
restoring the data
* We use libxfce4util's rc function for save/restore the
clipper, but it has some limitations for the string length

I hope it's stable enough to use, because I started programming in C for the
past
1,5 week (=NOOB), so I think you'll find some bugs, but I've tested it and
it seems to work
pretty well. Let me know what you think about it.

I've have some new idea for the clipman plugin and i think I'll create those
for the
new panel Jasper is working on.

Greets, Nick Schermer (AK Xerverius)