Panel Plugins

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Thu Sep 15 07:25:59 CEST 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

>>Botsie started to look at this, so maybe not.
>

> Ah, good to know.

Yeah, but I'm incompetent so you ought to be worried. ;-)  Anyway, no
guarantees ...

>>Disagree.  Why put the clock in the systray if it's already a separate
>>item?  If a user wants a clock next to the systray, they can just put
>>one there.
>

> Well, there's no special reason to do so, it's just convenience. I kinda
> prefer to have one clock (date-time plugin) in the panel and the
> notification area clock in the taskbar. It's a feature with no noticable
> overhead, so why drop it?

Too many clocks reminds me of gnome a couple of years ago. I'd suggest
that both clocks should have a consistent feature set. It doesn't seem
to make sense that one clock should be less capable just because it's in
the status area.

-- b