xfwm4 problem

Xavier Otazu xotazu at cvc.uab.es
Tue Sep 13 12:59:54 CEST 2005

	Hello:

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 06:08:27 +0000
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:

> Actually, the composite extensions are fairly stable in Open source
> drivers. But NVidia drivers are lame, especially with older cards
> (like say, Geforce 4)

	I have one of this cards... :-(

> Switch back to "nv" open source driver and you'll be safe (slow but
> safe).

	Yes. Nvidia drivers are really buggy. When I use the open
source 'nv' driver, everything works fine, but sloooooow when
compositor is enabled. Hence, I am searching for a stable solution
performing several combination between compositors, nvidia drivers and
x extensions.

	I know that all stuff related to this extension is a problem, X
server, card drivers and compositors are working on a unstable
environtment, but since there are a combination that works (xcompmgr
and nvidia drivers) I thought that there is a working solution. That is
the reason I send the e-mail.

	I will continue to work without compositor extension (I really
did not find the usefulness of transparency).

cheers

Xavier