xfce4-panel add launcher

Jonas Geiregat yux at sdf-eu.org
Thu Sep 8 17:11:46 CEST 2005

Hello,

When clicking the add launcher button from the panel, you are prompted
with a dialog which asks you to fill in all sorts of information , going
from the command to be run to the icon which should be shown for the new
launcher.
Wouldn't it be a lot more fun to use xfce4-appfinder (or something like
it) instead of the dialog just select the right application and
everything is setup. Afterwards you can ofcourse still edit the added
launcer button in the way it's done now.
I'm not proposing to replace to current dialog just wondering if it
where to be a good idea to add this as extra functionality.
Should we use xfce4-appfinder, or just reuse it's code, or create
something new for such feature ?