[Update] Re: New panel framework

Nicolas Masse masse_nicolas at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 2 20:45:40 CEST 2005

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:43:28 +0200
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:

> Jasper Huijsmans schreef:
> ..
> >
> > 2a) mkdir -p ~/.local/share/xfce4
> > 2b) ln -s /somewhere/safe/share/xfce4/panel-plugins \
> > 	  ~/.local/share/xfce4/panel-plugins
> >

> With the latest SVN this should no longer be necessary. Just remove the
> symlink if you already created it. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Work for me. The only thing who doesn't work is that when the panel is configured as floating, I'm unable to move him :-). But if I close him then restart, the panel then can be moved. So it seems that this setting is not correctly applied.
Also, on the config dialog, the add items page is not really clear. I think it would be better to have 2 pane:
*one for the available plugins.
*one for those who are running on this panel.
Perhaps I can send a screenshot of what I mean on the wiki?
For the rest, I will see if I can begin to port my plugin to the naw panel :-) (ok not now since I have no time for that :-( )
> 	Jasper

Masse Nicolas.