Xfce Goodies Project enhancements

Nicolas Masse masse_nicolas at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 31 15:43:18 CET 2005

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 07:51:15 +0200
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:

> Jasper Huijsmans schreef:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to start a discussion about the goodies project, to see if
> > there are things that could be improved.
>
> Hmm, only two replies in a month. I hope it doesn't mean nobody cares...
>

> > - Website. I thought for a project like this with many independent
> > subprojects it might be better to use some sort of wiki. That would make
> > it easier, I think, for maintainers to keep the information about their
> > program up-to-date. Every plugin could have a small project page with:
> > name, author(s), contact information, screenshot(s), link to download
> > latest version, etc.
>
> Ok, it seems that we like dokuwiki now (see thunar.xfce.org/wiki and
> i18n.xfce.org), so I thought I'd try and make a template for Xfce
> Goodies and add some content to show you what I was thinking about.
>
> So, here's my proposal for a new website for xfce goodies, which I also
> propose to host on the new Xfce server with xfce-goodies.xfce.org domain:
>
> http://xfce.loculus.nl/xfce-goodies-wiki
>
> Please tell me what you think.
>
> It has acl's setup so you can't actually edit anything, except the
> Feedback section.
>
> I also made a tarball of the entire wiki, if you are interested in the
> code: http://xfce.loculus.nl/files/xfce-goodies-wiki.tar.gz

Good work Jasper. But still one question remain: how can we edit this wiki :-) ?
Also, I think it would be nice  to have a menu on the left to access to the content, and keep the middle of the page to have something like news on the site.
My idea is too get people who doesn't take time to look at the mailing lists aware of what's new in the Xfce world. (because if you look only the main site, you would think nothing change since the 4.2.2 release...)

Just a thought,

Bountykiller