svn --switch weirdness

Carol Spears carol at gimp.org
Sat Oct 29 23:51:12 CEST 2005

hello,

i (guess) that i successfully made the switch from the old anon server
to the new one.  in the middle of my first "update" i started getting a
new module, xfc/

i was frustrated at that first update and probably over-reacted.  i did
everything i could to stop the update.  ctrl C, ctrl D and then finally
i trashed that uxterm instance.

before writing this list -- well, honestly before sending anything i had
written to the list, i started to look around at the new stuff at the
repository.  xfc is a new module that is there, along with a few others
i am interested in.  so i "svn update" again, after a svn cleanup or
two.

now, my checkout is hung up for several (like perhaps 30 or more)
minutes at the point that i had rudely and non-gracefully cancelled it
before.  it is stuck motionless here:

A    xfc/tags/START/xfc.spec.in

any clue on what i did that messed it up so much?  i am used to cvs
where you can remove a file or directory and it simply puts it back when
you update.

i wonder how many of my original problems had to do with the fact that i
had not updated by the single directory yet before the --switch.

if it is easiest for me to just remove the whole thing and start over, i
guess i would be okay with it.  updating my already downloaded sources
would keep me from having to figure out the build order again.  forcing
me to go through this again might get me to put the build order on the
new wiki.

thanks,

carol