new clock plugin

Bernhard Walle bernhard.walle at gmx.de
Sun Oct 23 13:38:59 CEST 2005

* Brian J. Tarricone [23.10.2005 12:53]:
> Bernhard Walle wrote:
>>> * Brian J. Tarricone [23.10.2005 12:14]:

>>> Hm ..., can you explain why this is complicated?
>
> Because you're turning a fixed-length list into an arbitrary-length
> translatable list.  Or can you guarantee that you (and all translators)
> want exactly 4 locale-specific time formats and exactly 11
> locale-specific date formats?  Otherwise it just seems rather messy to me.

I thought of one default date format and one default time format. If
someone wants something else, he could specify a strftime() string. But
we need a good default. I don't want to explain my grandmother how to
specify strftime() strings but I think she is lucky if she read
"18:18", but I think she don't want to read "6:18 pm".

But, anyway, it just was an idea, I don't have a strong opinion on this.

Regards,
  Bernhard