Is panel plugins integration broken at the moment?

Carol Spears carol at gimp.org
Fri Oct 21 11:06:16 CEST 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 11:41:19AM -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> On 10/20/2005 1:58 AM, Fabian Nowak wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 20.10.2005, 10:34 +0200 schrieb Jasper Huijsmans:
> >>My guess is that the plugins are unable to find the panel library. Make
> >>sure you have the ${prefix}/lib/ in /etc/ld.so.conf or as part of the
> >>LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> >>
> >>Btw, if someone knows of a good way to solve this problem, please let me
> >>know.
> >
> > hey, same problem i encountered when first running the new panel...
> >
> > perhaps you read /etc/ld.so.conf during the auto/configure stuff? and
> > then prove if one line contains $prefix/lib ? i'm only a beginer as far
> > as auto* tools are concerned, but that problably would be the best way,
> > as some output could be printed when having run "configure" and not
> > having that line.
>
> Bad idea.  That's very non-portable.

i should not have been emailing at 4am yesterday.

i tried to do a write up about this on my blog.  the problem with this
problem is that it only happens the first time you build things.

http://carol.gimp.org/blog/software/howto/build-1.html

i don't know if it will help.  it is a url that you can point to.

carol