Panel on SVN does not seem to be working with multihead 100%

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Oct 21 07:58:43 CEST 2005

Joao Pedrosa schreef:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm new around here and I'm new on using XFce, but I like what I see,
> both in the community and in the current state of XFce.

Thanks. We call it 'Xfce' now, without the double capitalization, just
for the record ;-)

> I've been using Ubuntu for over a year, and since then, GNOME has been
> my main desktop, but I like the proposed lightweightness of XFce, which
> could come in handy.
>
> For two days I've been messing around with XFce from SVN and now I've
> learned a little bit about it already. I've even created a little script
> to install it on Ubuntu, and I'm sharing it with you, but please use it
> to learn from it only, don't try to use it in a production machine. :-)
>
> Now about my problem. :-)
>
> The new panel is great and seems good enough for me to use it already.
> But on my main machine I have two monitors that I use in dual-head. I've
> been using dual-head for as long as I have used Ubuntu. The only big
> issue with XFce for me is that the new panel does not reappear on the
> right screen when the session is restarted, even though it behaves as if
> it was in the right screen.

Could you explain this a little bit. What do you mean with 'behaves as
if it was in the right screen'? I don't have a multiscreen setup to tet,
so your information is very valuable.

> I know the code is still evolving. I can wait for the final version. So
> take this as an incentive to think about the multihead issue of the new
> panel. :-)

Please keep reporting the issues you find, or wishes you have for proper
multihead behavior.

> Great job guys.

Thanks,
	Jasper