Problem with BMPx

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Oct 19 20:40:03 CEST 2005

Bernhard Walle schreef:
> Hello,
>
> I just wanted to try out BMPx (the media player). But there's a problem
> that the application hangs while opening the playlist window. Of course,
> I wrote a bugreport to BMPx.
>
> The developer day that they don't know why this happens, and it doesn't
> occur with any other window manager (even Oroborus).
>
> I don't know if it's the fault of Xfce4 or BMPx but it would be nice if
> Olivier or others here with a deep knowledge of window management could
> help to solve the problem. Thanks!

The problem occurs because the window requests a size that is not a
multiple of its size increment. Xfwm4 tries to solve this situation by
setting a new size, that does obey this restriction. Unfortunately, this
seems to cause a race condition with the application.

Also, it seems the developers of bmpx don't like Oliviers solution,
which is to make the window request a size that does fit the size
increment constraint.

Hopefully this can be resolved eventually.

	Jasper