mocha active as www.xfce.org and running

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Thu Oct 13 05:59:37 CEST 2005

Hi devs and mirror maintainers,

mocha (mocha.xfce.org or FQDN mocha.foo-projects.org) is now serving the
first and primary function for Xfce - the http://www.xfce.org/ website.

this means that website maintainers need to start working on this new
server from now on to update the website. Make sure you connect to the
right server too before you start editing webpages.

Most important xfce webpage editors should have received access by now.
Please contact me if you need to maintain parts of the website and
cannot edit them right now.

There are some issues at the moment with the current intermediate setup:

* xfce.org/~user does NOT point to the same as www.xfce.org/~user !!!

* rsyncing users will need to readjust their scripts to the proper new
server name (possibly will work OK OOTB but please check - espresso no
longer exports the xfce website for rsync!).

and many, many more little issues will exist.

Please contact me on any issue regarding xfce.org's server/website
directly in the coming days and don't address the mailinglists. thanks.

Auke