taskbar expander confusion

Carol Spears carol at gimp.org
Wed Oct 12 23:53:48 CEST 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 11:33:30PM +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> Carol Spears wrote:
> > hello,
> hi
> [...]
> > my apologies to xfterm developers and xfmedia player.  the xfterm has
> > been difficult for me to migrate to and xfmedia player came broken
> > broken broken from debian.
>
> broken ? are you using the packages from main ? which distribution ?
> what is the problem ?
>
> (CCing the Debian Xfce team)

a widget briefly appeared and then disappeared.  i can install it again
and see what it does better -- debian has its own bug reporting thing,
my problem is that i mail from a different computer.  i actually filed a
bug report, but me and debian installers haven't set the mail up on my
computer very well.  where i am sitting and getting the internet to --
this was supposed to be temporary.

i mostly wanted to convey the fact that i tried to install that first.

i have other things going on in my computer software at the moment.
debian sid has installed a gtk+-2.4 minus the -dev files.  meanwhile, i
have installed pango from experimental and built a gtk+-2.8 in
/usr/local.  it is difficult for me to complain to my distribution or
anyone at this point!

actually, i would be using gtk+-2.8 from cvs if they had not made the
extra demand that i install the software that builds documentation that
(it should be obvious) i do not read.

i just think that my methods of getting software to work put me more on
the apology side than being useful.  i really wanted gtk+-2.8, however
and if this helps debian to pick it up and feel more like unstable than
it currently is, i am all for this!

how stable is xfce from cvs?  i get bored with only the blog....

carol