Enabling compositing

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Oct 12 07:55:59 CEST 2005

Brian J. Tarricone schreef:
> Now, I believe there might be a way to do this by using ARGB windows,
> and masking the panel window's background with a semi-transparent
> pixmap.  Or something.  I don't know.  Either way, the implementation is
> not going to be easy or maintainable, and it probably won't work very
> well either.

The gtk test app uses cairo directly for a (semi-)transparent RGBA
window. It's pretty cool, but I think every widget will have to
cooperate, or at least the ones which have their own window. This is
going to be a pain. Not to mention that it requires gtk 2.8...

I tried to copy+paste the example code into the panel window source, but
it didn't really work.

	Jasper