Enabling compositing

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Oct 11 23:10:59 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 21:25 +0100, Foxy wrote:
> well, it is implemented in some way in xcompmgr I guess. At least in
> Gnome with xcompmgr you have all those things visible. Only the
> background is transparent. It has its ow bugs though. Some icons in the
> notification area still has background.

Just for clarification, I'm running Ubuntu Breezy with the latest
GNOME.

What you have in GNOME is not transparency, it's simply using the same
desktop picture as the background image for the panel. As a result,
you're under the "impression" that the panel is transparent, but it's
not real transparency as you don't see things through as you see with
Xfce panel and xfwm4 compositing.

That's a bug difference :P

Cheers,
Olivier.