Aw: Re: Update: porting plugins

timystery at arcor.de timystery at arcor.de
Mon Oct 10 17:01:42 CEST 2005

----- Original Nachricht ----
Von:     Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org>
An:      XFCE4 development list <xfce4-dev at xfce.org>
Datum:   10.10.2005 11:45
Betreff: Re: Update: porting plugins

> I ported the weather plugin. Being an external plugin now, it can no
> longer block the panel. I love this plugin!
>
> Bob, I just put some arbitrary sizing limits in the code, that can
> probably be optimized. Feel free to ignore this port and come up with
> something better, or just use it as a starting point. I won't commit
> anything unless you tell me to.
>
> Updated list follows. Fabian also put some tarballs in the Berlios
> downloads section, but I only mention SVN here -- Btw, Fabian, the
> sensors plugin is very nice.

thanks a lot, but it's also stefan's work which made it to what it is now. there is only one bug: RC files are not written newly, so entries in the file will never get removed?  After having found this bug, I found no xfce_rc_clear() rountine to clear the file before writing to it, and actually I don't want to delete this file manually... overwriting does not make sense, since the file would horribly grow then.

oh, and does someone want his hdd temperature available in the plugin?