trunk/xfwm4 bug?

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Wed Nov 30 20:40:09 CET 2005

Olivier Fourdan wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 18:05 -0800, Auke Kok wrote:
>

>>Now I'm just annoyed with the anti-focus-stealing code -
>>mozilla/firefox
>>all suffer from the fact that "wanted" popups appear behind the
>>maximized firefox screen. I often have no clue why firefox is frozen
>>only to find out that a window is waiting for input behind it.
>>

>You know you can disable it, don't you? It's even written in the
>doc... :)

well it's not in the settings plugin and as such I find this a bad idea
- it also changed the default behaviour and even though popups are a bad
thing the new bahaviour consistently puts all new firefox windows in the
background, even "modal" ones - like java file dialogs - completely
blocking the browser.

I'm leaving for the airport in 20 minutes so I hope you don't mind me
filing a bugreport/feature request for a toggle in the UI or a change in
the default behaviour - I *really* have to run now.

Auke