xfce4-taskmanager problems

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 20:57:50 CET 2005

On 11/9/05, Johannes Zellner <webmaster at nebulon.de> wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> >On 11/3/2005 7:24 AM, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> >

> >>Hi!
> >>
> >>I was trying to run xfce4-taskmanager-0.3.1 on NetBSD/i386 3.99.10
> >>with xfce4-4.2.2 and the results are horrible:
> >>

> >I could be wrong, but it's possible the task manager only supports
> >Linux.  Unfortunately getting process info is generally different on
> >every platform.
> >
> >       -brian
> >

> Hola
>
> I've added the patch from Martti Kuparinen. (Thanks a lot)
> This should add initial NetBSD-support.
>
> Would be nice, if some people with a running NetBSD, could check it out
> if this works good.
>
> Also added translation for French (thanks Peggy Kutyla), Brazilian
> Portuguese (thanks Rogerio Pereira) and Finnish Translation (thanks Pasi
> Sulasalmi).
>
> Get it at:
> http://xfce4-taskmanager.nebulon.de/xfce4-taskmanager-0.3.2.tar.gz
> Hope this tarball works fine.
>
> And I know...many features are missing...I've just not enough time these
> months. :-/
> But the next release won't wait too long ;-)
>
> Greets,
>     Johannes

Wow, it sure has evolved since I tried out 0.2.1!
Anyway, one thing I still miss is a cpu usage column.
Also, a thing that I find a bit funny: it doesn't display all
processes right after being started, it gradually "loads" all
processes for a few seconds. Any reason for this? (this is on linux)

Regards, Alexander Toresson