New panel in trunk

Stavros Giannouris stavrosg2002 at freemail.gr
Tue Nov 8 21:32:00 CET 2005

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 12:14:38 -0800
"Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> On 11/8/2005 11:41 AM, Jani Monoses wrote:
> >
> > The
> > current add/remove via drag-n-drop seems too convoluted to me but
> > OTOH I know this is not what people should do too often.
>
> Convoluted?  Seriously?

I find it intuitive, at least. Really .=)
A tiny thing that annoys me a bit is that an item can be removed only
if it is dragged back in the plugins dialog, as opposed to anywhere
where there isn't a panel to be dropped on.

> > If it's not too much
> > to ask could this be considered as a per/panel config option?
>
> Eeeew.  Up to Jasper, of course, but that sounds ickier than just
> adding Add/Remove items back in the menu.
>
> > I like the idea of having the taskbar as a plugin. Is that still
> > planned for iconbox too? If so will the two standalone apps be
> > still shipped with 4.4?
>
> No, taskbar and iconbox will not be present as separate
> applications.  I thought the iconbox had already been ported as a
> panel plugin.  I seem to remember one of the default panel configs
> had it in there...

Yep, it's already in place.

Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber: stavrosg at jabber.org

"Hello. I'm a signature virus.
Just copy me to your signature  to help me spread"