New panel in trunk

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 20:41:51 CET 2005

Hello Jasper, all

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just switched SVN trunk to the new panel framework. This is a big
> change, so expect some b0rkage. You have been warned.
[..]

> This is still very much development code, so there will probably be
> problems. Please let me know about them, here or on bugzilla.

I have been using xfce trunk for the past two days and it seems nice.
I'd like to comment on the new panel since you asked :)

So far the thing I like most about it is that it has the 'full width'
option. What I don't like is (and what some other users mentioned too)
is the lack of add/remove plugin options in the right hand menu and the
impossibility of moving plugin icons around as in the 4.2 panel. The
current add/remove via drag-n-drop seems too convoluted to me but OTOH I
know this is not what people should do too often. If it's not too much
to ask could this be considered as a per/panel config option?

I like the idea of having the taskbar as a plugin. Is that still planned
for iconbox too? If so will the two standalone apps be still shipped
with 4.4?

thanks
Jani