gtk-xfce-engine MD5 sum problem

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Nov 7 07:41:49 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 06:36 +0100, LiNuCe wrote:
>    It seems there is something wrong as both archives should have the
> same MD5 sum. As we are talking about integrity, why not signing the
> *.md5 file for the whole XFCE archives with GPG to also ensure
> authenticity ?

The versions are identical, but packages are rebuilt for each release,
which means that the md5sum might be different (the tar containts dates
that might change due to the generated files)

The MD5 sum is mainly to verify that the downloaded files are complete,
as there is no digital signature, it should not be considered at a
security proof.

Cheers,
Olivier.