some problems with SVN checkouts

Oliver Lehmann oliver at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 4 20:16:23 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm building an automatic system to get the most recent xfce4 via svn, and
then after creating tar.gz/bz2 files out of it compiling it via modified
FreeBSD ports. The reason for doing this is to detect problems which may
happen on FreeBSD with xfce4 as early as possible.
Now, while still building that system I already ran in some problems I
would like to discuss/see them solved:

a) libxfce4mcs in svn is only 4.2.1 - kinda old, or?

b) where is xfce4-systray gone? I don't get it while checking out
   modules/trunk

c) running "make dist" in xfce4-panel to get a tar.gz doesn't include
   config/panels.xml which leads to errors when I try to use the
   generated tar.gz file to compile xfce4-panel
   (http://olli.homeip.net/tb/errors/7-FreeBSD-i386-cvs/xfce4-panel-4.3.25.log)

d) running "make dist" in xfce-mcs-plugins leads to the following error
   which prevents the generation of the tar.gz
dists="ChangeLog Makefile.in.in POTFILES.in  ar.po az.po be.po bg.po bn_IN.po ca.po cs.po de.po el.po en_GB.po eo.po es.po es_MX.po es.po et.po eu.po fa.po fi.po fr.po gu.po he.po hi.po hu.po it.po ja.po ko.po lt.po mr.po ms.po nl.po pa.po pl.po pt_BR.po pt_PT.po ro.po ru.po sk.po sv.po ta.po tr.po uk.po vi.po zh_CN.po zh_TW.po ";  extra_dists="POTFILES.skip Makevars LINGUAS";  for file in $extra_dists; do  test -f $file && dists="$dists $file";  done;  for file in $dists; do  ln ./$file /usr/home/olivleh1/tmp/trunk/xfce-mcs-plugins/xfce-mcs-plugins-4.3.0svn/po 2> /dev/null  || cp -p ./$file /usr/home/olivleh1/tmp/trunk/xfce-mcs-plugins/xfce-mcs-plugins-4.3.0svn/po;  done
cp: /usr/home/olivleh1/tmp/trunk/xfce-mcs-plugins/xfce-mcs-plugins-4.3.0svn/po/es.po and ./es.po are identical (not copied).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/olivleh1/tmp/trunk/xfce-mcs-plugins/po.

e) With 4.2.2 I got html files installed out of the libxfce* tarballs.
   Using the tarballs generated with "make dist" won't install the
   pre-generated gtk-doc html files. That means, if I still want them I
   definitly need to install gtk-doc for getting them. Will these docs be
   included later in the offical release like it was in 4.2.2 or is
   gtk-doc then the way to go for ppl who want the docs?

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/