orage

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 05:58:07 CET 2005

On 11/3/05, Biju Chacko <botsie at xfce.org> wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> >
> > On 11/3/2005 4:38 PM, Mickael 'Korbinus' Graf wrote:
> >
> >>Hi Oliver,
> >>
> >>Orage should be included in the regular releases, yes. Orage will stay
> >>as name, but I'm not sure if this will be prefixed or not (I don't think
> >>so).
> >>
> >>I'm asking the dev list: will you rename Orage xfce4-orage for the
> >>release, or keep it as it is?
> >

> > It's really your choice, Mickael.  I'd suggest not prefixing it and
> > leaving it as 'orage' (yay for one of the few Xfce apps with a nifty
> > name!), but it's up to you.
>
> Ditto. I think we should get off the kick of naming stuff with the xf or
>   xfce prefix.
>
> > P.S.  If anyone wants to suggest a new creative name for xfmedia, I'm
> > open to changing it ^_~.
>
> I'd suggest a completely non-descriptive name, maybe after a favourite
> hobby or movie. Why not call it 'Foxtrot' or 'Tango' or something like that.

Or whiskey. To complete the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot triad.

You can't go with Tango, since it's the name of a recent icon project.
Which is pretty cool, and I keep meaning to start a discussion about
it . . .

> -- b

Erik

"If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it
would have changed the history of music... and of aviation."