Xfce.org main website [was Re: Xfce Goodies Project enhancements]

Francois Le Clainche fleclainche at wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 3 11:44:36 CET 2005

Le Wednesday 02 November 2005 à 22:16, Brian J. Tarricone a écrit:

> >>Good work Jasper. But still one question remain: how can we edit this
> >>wiki :-) ? Also, I think it would be nice  to have a menu on the left
> >>to access to the content, and keep the middle of the page to have
> >>something like news on the site. My idea is too get people who
> >>doesn't take time to look at the mailing lists aware of what's new in
> >>the Xfce world. (because if you look only the main site, you would
> >>think nothing change since the 4.2.2 release...)

> > Good Point. I think it's time we moved to something like drupal for the
> > main website. That would make it easier to spread the load of
> > maintaining the website.
> > I think Francois is kinda busy, so I don't mind doing the work myself.
> > I'd need a bit of help with the artwork though.

> I set up a Drupal instance a month or so ago; it's not to bad once you
> get the hang of it.  Auke has plenty of experience here too, of
> course...  Let's see what Francois has to say...

Hi,

Ok. Let's finally do something for xfce.org. I'm ready to work with
other people on a new main website.

- drupal or mambo based, I don't care, as long as it can be easily
  updated by all developers
- I think we should drop multi-language support

What's the state of directory.xfce.org? Shouldn't we integrate
directory/goodies/main website in a single entity? One website for all
the code available in the xfce svn repository?

What Auke did for lunar-linux.org is the example to follow.
Too many resources hides the information.

François
--
Francois Le Clainche - http://perso.wanadoo.fr/flc.web/files/PGP_key.txt
Xfce Desktop Environment - http://xfce.org