show app icon in the title bar

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Nov 1 12:24:48 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 02:27 -0800, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> However, simply saying "I don't think anything is wrong with my code"
> doesn't necessarily prove that it's not xfwm4's fault either.

Well, yes, taken out of context, this sentence is meaningless.

But although the issue seems to be new to you, it's been there since for
months, since version 7xxx fir came out in march 2005.

I've spent literally hours trying to figure out what could be wrong and
changed the code in xfwm4 several times without success.

I also found that several people have reported similar freezes with
various applications, not just xfwm4.

This include GNOME with 'xcompmgr' and KDE with 'kompmgr' (not sure how
they call it).

Moreover, I noticed that there is no problem with the open source "nv"
driver and even with closed source driver with render accel turned off.

NVidia thermselves discourage the use of render accel in their README:

    Enable or disable hardware acceleration of the RENDER extension.
THIS
    OPTION IS EXPERIMENTAL. ENABLE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. There is no
    correctness test suite for the RENDER extension so NVIDIA can not
    verify that RENDER acceleration works correctly. Default: hardware
    acceleration of the RENDER extension is disabled.

All this make me think that the problem doesn't lie in xfwm4but in NVidia closed source driver.

Thus my point, "I don't think anything is wrong with my code".

Cheers,
Olivier.