xfdesktop memory leak

Chris Hilton chris129 at cs.iastate.edu
Sat May 28 22:47:31 CEST 2005

You must compile with debugging symbols, -g.  Then you need to run it
under valgrind (warning this is UNBELIEVABLY SLOW):
valgrind -v --tool=memcheck --leak-check=yes [program]

That will give you tons of text, and I don't know what it's printing to
(if I remember right some of it is stdout, some is stderr, and some is
something else) and at the bottom it should give a summary of memory
errors and leaks.  If you get error contexts and leak contexts outside
of the application (specifically in X) I believe these are just
something with gtk.