debian

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Wed May 25 21:42:52 CEST 2005

El mié, 25-05-2005 a las 19:04 +0100, Simon Huggins escribió:

> > There is something in the debian kernel configuration which makes the
> > fstab plugin compilation use the Solaris code instead of the linux
> > code.  The explanation why (and possible fix) should lie in the
> > xffm/config.h file.
>
> Ah, this was configured on a random kernel.  What kernel checks do you
> do?

Andreas has sent me a config.h file from which I verified that there is
nothing special with the debian kernel. And I have verified that the bug
is present in all linux with one quirk: if you happen to have any smbfs
entry in /etc/fstab, the bug will go away. That's why I never saw the
bug. The condition is now fixed in both 4.2 and 4.3 svn trees.

Thank you for your interest,

Edscott