debian

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Wed May 25 03:58:34 CEST 2005

El mar, 24-05-2005 a las 23:02 +0100, Simon Huggins escribió:
> Salut Edscott!
>
> On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 08:49:15AM -0500, Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:
> > If anybody has debian installed, I would appreciate if you could run
> > the configure script for xffm (4.2 is fine) and send it to me. Seems
> > that there is a problem with mounting remote smb shares when there
> > shouldn't.
>
> Do you just want the config.status and config.log from xffm say 4.2.2
> compiled under Debian?

For now, just the file xffm/config.h which is generated after running
the configure script (config.status and config.log will not be of any
help).

> Is there a bug on the bugzilla for this bug?  Which debs are they using?

There's no bug report (although there should be). No information with
respect to version of debs, but this is the second time the problem has
popped up on the xfce-list ("no smbfs support in kernel" message when
trying to mount a remote smb share).

There is something in the debian kernel configuration which makes the
fstab plugin compilation use the Solaris code instead of the linux code.
The explanation why (and possible fix) should lie in the xffm/config.h
file.

--
Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org>