xfce4-modem-lights

Andreas J. Guelzow aguelzow at taliesin.ca
Tue May 17 17:07:31 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am not sure that this is quite the right list but at least people
should be able to point me to the right list if I am wrong.

I have written a small xfce4-panel applet similar to the
gnome-modem-lights applet that allows establishing of a ppp connection
via the pon/poff scripts. The user can choose icons to indicate whether
dialing is in process, the connection has been established or the system
is disconnected. While the gnome-modem-lights applet also shows the
throughput, I have omitted that from the this applet since it would
duplicate functionality available through the xfce4-netload-plugin.

The code is currently available through anonymous cvs at

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at srv.math.concordia.ab.ca:/var/lib/cvs co
xfce4-modem-lights

or via

http://www.math.concordia.ab.ca/cgi-bin/local/cvsweb/xfce4-modem-lights/

I am releasing this code under GPL v.2 and am wondering whether the
xfce4 developer community is interested in adding this to its
distribution (post 4.2.2).

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences