4.2.2 and releasing files

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Mon May 16 19:01:59 CEST 2005

Hi folks,

in order to prevent people packaging new releases before they're
announced I have the following suggestion:

1) I setup a public RSYNC server for xfce, and add anyone who wants to
sync it by IP address
2) New releases are put in a directory with a .ht{access,passwd} file
denying HTTP downloads effectively, until the official announcement is done

this way we can sync out the files first, and then take off the 'block'
to allow normal downloads... The rsync is already handy of course,
because it can be run from a cronjob by anyone and guarantees that the
repository is synced regularly for updates.

how about that?

sofar