Multibyte characters in Xffm (was Re: Xfce4-fm crashes)

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Tue Mar 29 04:49:15 CEST 2005

El mar, 29-03-2005 a las 05:56 +0900, Daichi Kawahata escribió:
> Hola Edscott,
>
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:01:54 -0600
> Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:
>
> > Both screen shot problems are now fixed in 4.3.1.7.
>
> Hmm, seems still remaining concerned with former example3.png (turning
> blanket at drop-down menu), if possible please confirm it on your side.
> At that time, xffm emits Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 ...

AFAICT, your  screenshot is generated when you use the popdown menu from
the "goto" function. Since this was broken, the entries to build the
popdown may have been saved broken too, so you may still get errors. Try
to remove the history files with broken entries to regenerate correctly.
These are located at $HOME/.cache/xfce4/xffm/histories/*.dbh. I believe
the ones that would present troubles from previous use of euc-jp would
be xffm.golist.2.dbh, and xffm.workdir.2.dbh (but feel free to delete
all).

If the problem persists with new history files, then I must have missed
something... On my end things look fine. The popup with problems is
generated with the "go to" function, right?

> > Good. If nothing more comes up, we can announce xffm/xfce4-fm as
> > japanese compatible.
>
> I'd just say thank you for your additional coding.

And I'd just say thank you too: without your help none of the coding
would have been possible.

regards,

--
Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org>