xfwm4 restore on move - patch

Ori Bernstein rand_chars at rogers.com
Sun Mar 27 22:38:28 CEST 2005

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 19:45:54 +0200
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> dared to utter:

> Ori,
>
> I think the patch needs a bit more work because it doesn't work very
> well with the Alt+Click move of windows.

I agree - it has some odd behavior, but not what you describe below.

> To try, maximize a window and use Alt+Click to move it instead of the
> titlebar, the window quickly toggle between maximized and un-maximized
> state at every mouse move...

I can't duplicate this behavior - I tried both on the previous account, where I
had tweaked the settings a bit, and a completely new account using default
settings, with a fresh CVS checkout of xfwm4. The closest I can get is causing
the window to flash fullscreen when the border passes the top of the screen.

I'm sing X 6.8.2  dual monitor system (Nvidia Twinview, specifically) with xfwm4
configured the following:
      --prefix=/usr \
      --sysconfdir=/etc/X11 \
      --enable-static=no \
      --enable-xinerama \
      --enable-compositor

However, I find it's currently quite easy to get to where you're moving a window
from a point outside of it with alt-click. Solution: when the maximized gets
toggled, the window gets moved to the pointer in y as well as x.

Currently, though, it sometimes misses maximization when it gets snapped to the
top of the screen. Solution: when the window is in toggled_maximize == true,
don't try to snap to top of monitor.

Attached is a fix for the recentering and the missed remaximization. I'm not
sure how to deal with the flashing to maximized when moving above the top of the
screen - one possibility is just disabling the resizing when moving windows with
alt-click?