xfce fedora extras packages

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sat Mar 26 22:57:15 CET 2005

Hi Kevin,

> As you know xfce recently was dropped from Fedora Core. I have
> volunteered to maintain it for the Fedora Extras repository.

Yeah, thanks a lot for taking care of that.

> I made a number of changes to the spec files to make them conform to
> the Fedora Extras guidelines. I would be happy to help merge these
> changes with you guys if you find them of use/interest.

Sure, can you send me the spec.in files so I can evaluate the need of
including the changes in the base packages?

> - - What is the liscence for dbh? It ships with a GPL COPYING file, the
> spec file says "Liscence: QPL", and the src files say "published under
> LGPL Public license". I assume it's supposed to be LGPL?
>
> - - in dbh, /usr/share/doc/dbh-devel-1.0.22/simple_hash.c is a file with
> DOS line endings.

That's a question to Edscott. I'll let him answer.

> - - in gtk-xfce-engine, all the /usr/share/themes/Xfce*/ICON.png files
> are 0 length. Is that correct?

Yes.

> - - in xfce4-toys: /usr/share/xfce4/eyes/themes/Horrid/config is a file
> with DOS line endings.

That should be fixed now. Thanks.

> - - Everything builds and works great under Fedora Core 3. Under
> develeopment however, xffm fails to build. Here's the last bit of the
> compile:
[...]
> I haven't had a chance to look closely, but if anyone has any idea off
> hand what the problem could be I would appreciate it. Happy to provide
> more information or even access to my development test box to work on
> it.

Dunno. Edscott ?

[...]

> Anyhow, any comments, questions or thoughts welcome.

Yeap, thanks again for keeping the Fedora ports alive.

Cheers,
Olivier.