Multibyte characters in Xffm (was Re: Xfce4-fm crashes)

Daichi Kawahata daichi.k at aioros.ocn.ne.jp
Wed Mar 23 06:32:24 CET 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:00:35 -0600
Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:

> You can test by configuring a samba server and using the samba plugin
> to connect to the samba server (even if it's the same box). In this
> case all encoding should be utf8. More problems should arise if the
> remote server is a windows box, because then the encoding can be in
> one of several different japanese encodings...

I've succeeded finally ;) the following

    [global]
      coding system = EUC
      client code page = 932

configurations enable to display local file name ordinarily (without
Pango-WARNING), see xffm_smb.png. I'll try SJIS/UTF-8 file name, in
these cases, possibly it needs "coding system = SJIS/UTF8".

> Please do. Use gimp to circle the part where the output is wrong.

Okay, I sent another sample (in 4.3.1.0) to you.

Regards,
--
Daichi