User interface for the new file manager

Sami Samhuri sami at no-eff-eks.com
Tue Mar 22 21:33:56 CET 2005

* On Tue Mar-22-2005 at 11:44:37 AM +0000, Nikola Pizurica said:
[...]
> BTW, one thing is missing from all Linux filers. Navigation inside
> archives like regular directories. Give me that and I would be happy
> puppy :-)

This is patently false. Apart from mc (excellent curses file manager) on
the console side, I'm certain that konqueror has this functionality.
Seeing as there are dozens of file managers for Linux (I've used but a
few of them myself) I find it hard to believe that only konq and mc have
this built in. (I am for this feature, don't get me wrong here)

> BTW, I once made Nautilus mockup based on BeOS Tracker. It's about
> right-click navigation which is very,very usefull for navigation thru
> deep nested folders. Here is link for forum post with screenshots:
> http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8302&highlight=

This is a great feature. I've used something similar on Windows and KDE
and it is a great way to navigate at times. I especially like it in the
"Copy/Move to..." context.

--
Sami Samhuri