What is the minmum GTK+ version for 4.4

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 07:49:47 CET 2005

Isn't GTK_+ coordinating their release with Gnome? I think even a
optimistic Xfce release schedule will put 2.8 released and stabilizing
before Xfce rolls. I don't think that requiring GTK 2.6 will be that
big a barrier.

As it stands, Mousepad crashes with GTK 2.4 (my fault), and I've only
had one bug report on the matter . . .

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:32:40 +0200, Juha Kautto <kautto.juha at kolumbus.fi> wrote:
> Not my decision...but I vote for 2.6.
>
> I did a quick check from DistroWatch and all the major distrubutions
> already contain 2.6 and many smaller ones have it in their beta/unstable
> branch also. Looks safe for compatibility reasons at least.
>
> And getting decision now would help development....
>
> /Juha
>
> Jeff Franks wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has and decision been made on the minmum GTK+ version for Xfce 4.4. If
> > it's going to be 2.4, XFC will have to maintain two CVS branches
> > (extra work at this point in development)  and release an XFC 4.5.x
> > series (as well as the 4.3.x series) just to differentiate bewteen
> > support for GTK 2.4 and GTK 2.6. If the minimum version were GTK 2.6
> > it would be a lot easier for me.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jeff.

CAPS LOCK: ITS LIKE THE CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME
-Erik