No window border/decorator in running xfwm4

Daichi Kawahata daichi.k at aioros.ocn.ne.jp
Sat Mar 19 13:46:16 CET 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:46:59 +0100
Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> The application itself specifies whether or not the window is to be
> decorated (thru different standard protocols).
>
> There is no option in xfwm4 to override this or go against what the
> application "expects".

I've found it finally, from Xfce 4.2.0 Documentation

    xfwm4 adheres strongly to the standards defined on freedesktop.org.
    Consequently, special features such as making windows borderless,
    or providing an icon for the application must now be implemented in
    the application; you can no longer use the window manager to force
    different behaviour.

I also noticed those non-border applications are linked against the
system installed OpenGL library. It's my understanding that if those
apps specify window borderless internally, there's no way displaying
window decoration unless I get source code of those apps and modify
internal behaviour in the code level, actually it's out of control for
me, right? sorry for posting wrong place (it's for xfce-user).

Regards,
--
Daichi