Feature request for Xffm

Daichi Kawahata daichi.k at aioros.ocn.ne.jp
Thu Mar 17 22:51:35 CET 2005

Hi,

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:49:54 -0600
Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:

> >     * One click directory changing in Xfce4-fm

> One click feature is available using button 2. This is the current
> default :
>
> button 1, double-click -> directory changing into the same window
> button 2, single-click -> directory changing into new window
> button 1, ctrl-double-click -> directory changing into new window
> button 2, ctrl-single-click -> directory changing into the same window

Great ;) I hadn't been noticing that until the previous mail, what I
want is the last behaviour (single-click, same window changing).

> Maybe in 4.3.2 the option to toggle which button is used for single-
> clic navigation can be made configurable. You should continue this
> thread on the xfce at xfce.org list once 4.3.1 is released this weekend
> (if you really believe such a configuration option is important) to
> see how many other users agree.

Ok, I'll ask about that to other users, toggle-option. I'd prefer
to single-click moving personally.

> >     * Putting Xfce4-fm into right pane of Xffm as a default

> The problem with that approach is that it would make xffm more
> complicated than with a single treeview.

Well if I'm not wrong, I think default panes which xffm shows us are
double-treeview, though I'm right concerned with number I still can't
understand role of 2-panes (for easy to move across the different
filesystems or through the different directories within the same
filesystem).

> Besides, thunar filemanager is heading in the 2treeview-with-
> iconview" direction so it would be silly to duplicate,

I'm wondering about that, is there any plan xffm and thunar will be
put into the same repository at the same time? but I haven't have
details and consensus in this list, I can't say anything at present.

> especially since the target rival for xffm is nautilus, not thunar.

I see.

> sorry. But you can always popopen an xfce4-fm window at the current
> treeview location by using the "icon view" button from the toolbar/
> sidebar.

Okay, no problem.

Regards,
--