Some Xfmedia problems

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 17 22:31:57 CET 2005

Robert Kurowski wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I finally managed to find some time for new xfmedia. So I started ...
>I have such error:
>
>	+ cd xfmedia-0.7.0
>	+ LANG=C
>	+ export LANG
>	+ unset DISPLAY
>	+ aclocal
>	+ autoconf
>	+ automake -a -c -f --foreign
>	doc/C/xml/Makefile.am:26: HAVE_XSLTPROC does not appear in
>AM_CONDITIONAL
>	Makefile.am:13: required directory ./xfplay does not exist
>	błąd: Błędny status wyjścia z /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.50248 (%build)
>

>	Błędy budowania RPM-a:
>	    Błędny status wyjścia z /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.50248 (%build)
>	Error: package build failed. (no more info)
>
>Ofcourse there's nothing about xfplay.
>
>So I skipped autotools in .spec,

Right.  I'm not sure why the autotools are being run from the .spec
file, as that's not necessary, and requires that you have some things
set up properly on your machine.

> package build ok but there's some
>problem with it. I've started to play some mp3's then I grab one of
>windows and move it just a litle bit or eaven more (whatever) and then
>after ~1 sec sound stops, when I release window music starts playing
>again.

Are you using xfwm4?  I could have sworn Olivier removed the X server
grab while moving windows around.  At any rate, it shouldn't matter, and
I've never seen this problem anyway.  The video driver is closed when
playing audio, so it shouldn't occur.

    -brian