xfce fedora extras packages
kevin-xfce-dev at tummy.com
Wed Mar 16 06:01:35 CET 2005
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
As you know xfce recently was dropped from Fedora Core. I have
volunteered to maintain it for the Fedora Extras repository.
Toward that end I have created 4.2.0 (and just tonight) 4.2.1 rpms for
Fedora Extras. They can be found at:
I made a number of changes to the spec files to make them conform to
the Fedora Extras guidelines. I would be happy to help merge these
changes with you guys if you find them of use/interest.
I ran into a few other questions/issues:
- - What is the liscence for dbh? It ships with a GPL COPYING file, the
spec file says "Liscence: QPL", and the src files say "published under
LGPL Public license". I assume it's supposed to be LGPL?
- - in dbh, /usr/share/doc/dbh-devel-1.0.22/simple_hash.c is a file with
DOS line endings.
- - in gtk-xfce-engine, all the /usr/share/themes/Xfce*/ICON.png files
are 0 length. Is that correct?
- - in xfce4-toys: /usr/share/xfce4/eyes/themes/Horrid/config is a file
with DOS line endings.
- - Everything builds and works great under Fedora Core 3. Under
develeopment however, xffm fails to build. Here's the last bit of the
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../src -I../smb
- -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/lib\" -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
- -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DXTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -DXUSE_MTSAFE_API
- -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
- -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0
- -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/freetype2/config
- -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
- -I/usr/include/xfce4 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
- -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/xfce4
- -DPACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DXTHREADS -D_REENTRANT
- -DXUSE_MTSAFE_API -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/xfce4
- -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include
- -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2
- -I/usr/include/freetype2/config -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
- -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0
- -I/usr/include/libxml2 -O2 -Wall -g -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -m32
- -march=i386 -mtune=pentium4 -MT libxffm_basic_la-callbacks.lo -MD -MP
- -MF .deps/libxffm_basic_la-callbacks.Tpo -c callbacks.c -fPIC -DPIC
- -o .libs/libxffm_basic_la-callbacks.o
callbacks.c: In function 'treeclick':
callbacks.c:668: error: invalid storage class for function 'unsel'
make: *** [libxffm_basic_la-callbacks.lo] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/kevin/rpm/BUILD/xffm-4.2.1/libs'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/kevin/rpm/BUILD/xffm-4.2.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2
I haven't had a chance to look closely, but if anyone has any idea off
hand what the problem could be I would appreciate it. Happy to provide
more information or even access to my development test box to work on
- - Terminal 0.2.2 also fails to build under development, but thats
because there is major dbus changes. I plan on trying to setup the
pre1 Terminal in the next few days.
Hopefully there will be some Fedora Extras testing packages pushed out
in a few days after I get everything checked into the build setup
Anyhow, any comments, questions or thoughts welcome.
thanks for a great product!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.8 <http://mailcrypt.sourceforge.net/>
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Xfce4-dev