xfce and dual-head

Jan Eidtmann cmak_ at arcor.de
Sun Mar 6 01:34:18 CET 2005

Am Samstag, den 05.03.2005, 17:05 +0100 schrieb Jasper Huijsmans:
> Jan Eidtmann wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > is there worked on better dual-head support? like xft.dpi settings for
> > each head? or different desktop menus (like different panels are already
> > supported). independant resolution/taskbar/virtual-desktop settings?
> >

> Not really. Would you like to help? At least we need a list of things
> that you think are missing (or would be really cool to add ;-).
>
> It might be worth it adding bugzilla entries for the things you find
> important.

i'd like to help to make xfce more dualized! :)
hmm, i suggest we discuss the following list of things that i'm missing
now first. then we can filter the stupid (or make them smart).

important imo:

      * user-interface: all font options (plus DPI setting(!)) for each
        head. (different monitors need a different setup).
      * desktop: one desktop-menu for each head.

not so important imo:

      * taskbar/virtual-desktops/screen: settings for each head.

hmm...a "Configure independently" switch for all those would be
comfortable.