A Xfce Weekly News

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 21:31:42 CET 2005

I know that Joe Klemmer has tried some stuff like this in the past,
but I think that I've got the time to try it myself.

What I'd like to do is offer a short newsletter that summarizes
developments in the Xfce world, and have it posted to the Xfce
website. I already spend way too much time following Xfce mailing
lists as it is, and wished that someone would just condense it for me.
And since no one will, I'll do it.

I think the advantage is that we'd be able to push a greater awareness
of SVN developments, especially since Xfce has a relatively long
development cycle.

Xfce is getting to be really popular. Litterally a day doesn't go by
that I don't hear somebody call it "Gnome done right", which is the
reason I switched to Xfce back when 4.0 development was begining. I
think with our number of users straining the number of developers, the
large interest, a slow development cycle, and a growing number of
third party programs, a Weekly News could be really nice.

If this sounds good, I'll put one together, see if I can't find a
floppy or my long lost USB drive and bring it in today or tomorrow.
I'd like to see it on the Xfce website if at all possible.

Whatcha think?
--
CAPS LOCK: ITS LIKE THE CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME
-Erik