Subversion, and moving mousepad in?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 3 08:50:18 CET 2005

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> Olivier Fourdan wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 13:49 -0800, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>>
>>> I'm still in favor of having a toplevel xfce4/ module for the core
>>> components, if nothing else than to make it easier for people to
>>> just check out all the core stuff and nothing but the core stuff.
>>> Unless I'm missing something and that either doesn't really make it
>>> easier, or is a pain to set up properly.  I don't really feel
>>> strongly about it, so I'll just go with what you think is best,
>>> since you have much more svn experience than I do.
>>
>> ditto. Plus svn is easy on move, so moving parts from/to the core will
>> be easy.
>> I don't have strong feelings either, but it sounds like a nice idea.
>>
> Again, just a feeling, but the xfce4/ toplevel for core components
> sounds useful to me, especially for casual browsing of the tree. In
> the same way I'd like to see a plugins/ toplevel as well, that is, if
> and when we decide to move over plugins from berlios.

I retract my request for this.  Apparently keeping a subdir will just
complicate matters, and we can make a pseudo-folder to hold the core
components for convenience.  Or something like that.  Judging by
#xfce-dev scrollback, Benny's geting a bit testy about this whole
subject, so I think it's probably safest if we just bow to his
apparently-superior wisdom here.

    -brian