xfdesktop future

Xavier Otazu xotazu at cvc.uab.es
Wed Mar 2 17:46:14 CET 2005

Hi!

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:25:48 +0000 (UTC)
xfce4-dev-request at xfce.org wrote:

> >        Another question and feature request. I posted this question here
because I
> > thin kit is interesting. In the web forum I saw a user who asked to move
> > background windows without raising them. That is, if I have a window on the
> > "lower" position and I want o move it, it raises when I click it when trying
> > move it. Would it be possible to move windows without raising them?
>
> Right clicking on windows will allow you to move them without giving
> them focus or moving them to the front.

	Yeah! Thanks.

	But it works if I (right-)click on the window title bar. If I want to move
using the usual Alt+LeftButton it raises. In fact Alt+MidButton lowers window,
and Alt+RightButton resizes it. Hence, it is not possible to move lowered
windows unless cliking on title bar.

	I think this may be a reason to include mouse buttons on keyboard shorcuts.
This way user can define Alt+RightButton to move windows without raising them.
Now user can define shorcuts using keyboard keys combination, but user cannot
use a combination of keys and mouse buttons.

cheers

Xavier