Todo list for Xfce 4.4

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sat Jun 25 13:40:03 CEST 2005

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>>>* should xdg menu parsing be in one of the libs? xfdesktop and xfce4-appfinder
>>>  use it, maybe other components will be interested as well.
>
> Quite possibly, yes.  As usual, I need to go over Benny's xfdesktop-ng
> source and puzzle it all out, something I've been meaning to do for many
> months now.  Benny, can you point me to the latest source tarball, or
> CVS/SVN tree, to save me some time?

http://www.os-works.com/debian/pool/main/x/xfdesktop/xfdesktop_4.3.6.4.orig.tar.gz

As said earlier, this is just a proof of concept. The menu parsing is
not 100% standard compliant. At the I wrote the parser it was nearly
complete, except for things like <Deleted>, which didn't work, but there
was some discussion and changes on xdg-list since that time IIRC. It'd
be a good idea to sync with markmc and waldo on this, so menus look the
same in Xfce, Gnome and KDE (except for the OnlyIn stuff).

Benedikt