Todo list for Xfce 4.4

Mickaël Graf korbinus at espresso.foo-projects.org
Thu Jun 23 14:57:04 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 02:38:51PM +0200, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> ... a *lot*of interesting stuff
>
> * Juha and Mickael seem to have big plans with xfcalendar ;-)
>
> ... a *lot* of interesting stuff
> 	Jasper

Well, I can tell what is in the pipeline now (Ithink you already read this Jasper but I'm not sure everybody is digging into directories to find obscure stuff):
=============
List of things we should do when (if) we have time:

1) VTODO handling

2) Import (Export ?) data from external calendar sources
    Read valid ical files and add VEVENTS into xfcalendar format.

3) Timezone handling
    This is actually needed only if we want to syncronize several
    xfcalendar files and search for example common free time for
    meetings.
    But some of the code is in fact using old ical calls due to missing
    timezone data, which is native to the new version of ical.

4) Exchange data between different xfcalendar users
    To build group meetings.

5) History files
    Keep expired events in history file and remove them from the main
    xfcalendar file. This would also make the active file smaller and
    faster.
    We need some kind of cleaning function anyway ? so this would be handy
    feature to do both.

6) WEB interface to show xfcalendar appointments in the internet

7) Add pull-down menus in event-list window and appointment window
    These are not dialog windows, they should have a menu each.

Acutally point 7 is done. Well, more or less: I'm still not satisfied with the 'Save and Close' button, but it's a matter of design, not code :-p I currently work with point 5.

But I would like to know when is the 4.4 release planed, so I can have a better idea on priorities and what we should postpone.

Do we still have a big user base of GTK 2.4 or can we drop it for using GTK 2.6 instead?

Cheers

Mickael